“Personal Information” is any information that allows us (or others) to identify an individual person and would include (for example) your name, address, email address, IP Address or phone number, as well as other non-public information that is associated with or directly linked to such information.
An “Internet protocol address” or “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. In some cases, your IP Address stays the same from browser session to browser session; but if you use a consumer Internet access provider, your IP Address probably varies from session to session. We track IP Addresses solely in conjunction with session Cookies to analyse our web page flow and to determine the appropriate language settings for you based on your region if you did not previously indicate. You can find out more about the Cookies and other tracking technologies that we use and the purposes for which we use them in the section below headed ‘Cookies’.
“Anonymous Information” means information or a combination of information that does not relate to or identify individual persons.
You may revoke your consent at any time by contacting PerfectPics Enterprises Limited (address below) or by deleting the Personal Information you have submitted through our Website or Services.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Personal Information we gather from you helps us learn about your visit to the Website or use of the Services. We use this information to provide the Services to you, to better tailor the features, performance and support of our products and services, to answer your requests, questions and concerns, and to offer you additional information and opportunities.
PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
We collect Personal Information that you submit to us voluntarily through our Website or Services.
- When you register on the Website, we will collect your full name and username, a password, and an email address. We use these data to create your account and to provide the Services to you.
- When you use the Service, we collect your user ID, email address and IP address. We collect this information to better tailor the features, performance and support of our products and services.
- When you create your profile on the Website after registering, we may collect on an optional basis other Personal Information, such as information about your hobbies, interests, additional contact information, etc. You do not have to provide this additional information but if you do, we will use this information to better tailor the features, performance and support of our products and services.
- When you order products or services on the Website, we will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card information, billing information and shipping information.
- When you subscribe to a PerfectPics newsletter, we will collect your email address to provide you with promotional information about our services where you have agreed to receive such communications. You may unsubscribe from the newsletter service at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the newsletter you receive or by contacting us.
- When you contact us to submit comments, questions or feedback using the forms on the Website or in the Services, we will collect your name, email address and your comment, question or feedback to answer your request, questions or concerns.
- When you voluntarily participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information such as demographic information. We use this information to better tailor the features, performance and support of our products and services.
- When you use the “Save Contacts” function to save e-mail addresses to which you have sent announcements, we will collect and store such e-mail addresses.
- When you contact us using the request forms on the Website or in the Services, we will collect your name, email address and your comment or question that you enter into the form to answer your request, questions or concerns.
- When you post messages on the message boards of the Website or through the Services, the information contained in your posting will be stored on our servers and made public so other users will be able to see it.
- When you contact us by sending us an email, we will collect and store your email address and any information contained in the email you send us and any information attached to the email for so long as is necessary. This information is used to answer your email and address any questions and concerns you may have.
We may also collect, from you, the following personal information about your contacts:
- Name and address of a gift recipient, in order to fulfill a purchase order
When you provide us with personal information about your contacts we will only use this information for the specific reason for which it is provided.
If you believe that one of your contacts has provided us with your personal information and you would like to request that it be removed from our database, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that Content that you use for your Books or that you contribute to other Members for their Books might also contain Personal Information. Please be mindful that such Content may be made available to others (including through the use of the Book preview functionality) as content of your Books or the Books of other Members to which you contributed Content and that you therefore should only use and contribute Content that you are comfortable sharing under these conditions and for which you have obtained (where applicable) all necessary and valid consents to share and disclose such Content.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED VIA TRACKING TECHNOLOGY
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may receive Personal Information about you from other sources like mobile device, telephone or fax or from companies that provide our services by way of a co-branded or private-labeled website (“Partner Companies”), and for some of our Services, this includes location based services applicable for certain features in the Services. If you choose to disable location based services some features of the Services may not work properly. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our Website or Services in order to improve the products and services we provide.
USE OF INFORMATION
In general, Personal Information you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We may also use your Personal Information to, provide you with the PerfectPics newsletters, surveys, or promotional emails regarding changes and upgrades to our products and services and for other marketing purposes of PerfectPics or our partners, should you request and consent to receive such communications from us. For more information about how to change your preferences and to unsubscribe from promotional communications, please see the section below headed “Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Information”.
We may create Anonymous Information records from Personal Information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the information personally identifiable to you. We may use this Anonymous Information to analyse request patterns and usage patterns so that we may enhance our products and services. We may disclose this Anonymous Information to third parties contracted by PerfectPics to provide marketing services designed to promote our products and services. PerfectPics reserves the right to use and disclose Anonymous Information to third parties in its discretion.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your Personal Information with third parties to provide you with the products and services that we offer you through the Website or Services for payment processing, shipping and distribution processing, account inquiries, and marketing analytics. These third parties are required not to use your Personal Information other than to provide the products and services requested by PerfectPics and are bound by confidentiality agreements with regard to their use of such information. You expressly consent to the sharing of your Personal Information with our contractors and third-party service providers (“Data Processors”) for the sole purpose of providing products and services to you.
If you use the Book Preview functionality of the Services, any Personal Information contained in the Book Content of the Book(s) for which you have selected Book Preview will be made publicly available to visitors of the Website, including search engines.
We may enter into co-branding or co-promotional agreements with third parties pursuant to which we may share Personal Information with such third parties. For example, we may enter into agreements with Partner Companies pursuant to which we provide the Partner Companies with a URL and a customer registration page co-branded with, or private labelled by, the Partner Companies, and the Partner Companies distributes and promotes the URL to its customers. A Partner Company may have access to Personal Information that we collect from their customers. As a result, if you register on the Website or use our Services through a Partner Company, we may provide your Personal Information to the Partner Company. Please note, however, that we do not control the privacy practices of these third parties.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
Upon request PerfectPics will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. You may access, correct, or request deletion of your personal information by logging in to your account and updating your personal information and confirming it by selecting the ‘Save’ button, contacting us at email@example.com, or by completing this form. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
PerfectPics acknowledges that you have the right to access your personal information. PerfectPics has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct their query to the PerfectPics Client Support at firstname.lastname@example.org. If requested to remove data, we will respond within a reasonable timeframe. We will retain personal data we process on behalf of our Clients for as long as needed to provide services to our Client.
You have the right to access information held about you. Any access request may be subject to a fee of ksh1000 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. You also have the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personally identifiable information that we hold about you free of charge.
In certain circumstances we may be required by law to retain your personal information, or may need to retain your personal information in order to continue providing a service.
COOKIES AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
“Cookies” are small pieces of information that a web site sends to your computer’s hard drive while you are viewing a web site. For example, we may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on the Website or Services. Persistent Cookies can be removed by following Internet browser help file directions. If you choose to disable Cookies, some areas of the Website or Services may not work properly. We encode our Cookies so that only we can interpret the information stored in them. For more information about removing or rejecting Cookies, please see “Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Information” below.
PerfectPics may also collect information via clear gifs or web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”) that help us better manage content on Website and Services by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages.
Cookies do lots of different jobs on our Website, such as letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, remembering your email and password, letting us analyse how well our Website is performing, and improving your experience. They also help ensure that advertisements you see whilst you are on our Website are more relevant to you and your interests
WHAT COOKIES DO WE USE?
We use the following types of Cookies:
Stricly Necessary Cookies We use a number of Cookies, which are essential to the operation of our Website and Services. For example, these types of Cookies enable you to log into secure areas of the Services, provide the necessary security when you access our Website or Services, and help ensure the content of the pages you request load quickly. Without these cookies, services that you have asked for cannot be provided.
Functional Cookies: Functional Cookies are ones that we set to help the Services work the way you expect them to. Some Cookies are necessary to enable you to move around our Website and/or to use the Services. Without these Cookies, we can’t provide the Services you have asked for, like processing payments made via our online store.
We use other Cookies to help recognize and remember you when you are logged into our Services so we can remember your settings and preferences, such as your language and region or logged in state. These Cookies also may help us provide services you have asked for.
As described below, you may disable any of these functional Cookies; but if you do so, then various functions of the Services may be unavailable to you or may not work the way you want them to.
PERFORMANCE AND ANALYTICAL COOKIES:
Advertising and Web Analytic Tools
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data to analyse trends in the aggregate and administer the site.
For more information about third-party advertising and how to exercise your choices regarding advertising customization by third-party ad networks on our Services, visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s website here.
Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this Website for the purpose of evaluating your use of the Website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing them other services relating to Website activity and Internet usage.
For further information please visit:
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We offer you the following choices regarding the collection, storage, use, and sharing of your Personal Information:
Cookies: Most web browsers are set to accept Cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser Cookies.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Here’s how to do it:
- Google Chrome
- In the settings menu, select ‘show advanced settings’ at the bottom of the page.
- Select the ‘content settings’ button in the privacy section.
- The top section of the page that then appears tells you about cookies and allows you to set the cookies you want. It also allows you to clear any cookies currently stored.
- Mozilla Firefox
- In the tools menu, select ‘options’ (MAC users, go to the Firefox menu select ‘preferences’)
- Select the privacy tab in the options box.
- From the dropdown choose, ‘use custom settings for history’. This will bring up the options for cookies and you can choose to enable or disable them by clicking the tickbox.
- Internet Explorer 6+
- In the tools menu, select ‘Internet options’.
- Click the privacy tab.
- You will see a privacy settings slider which has six settings that allow you to control the number of cookies that will be placed: Block All Cookies, High, Medium High, Medium (default level), Low, and Accept All Cookies.
- Safari browser
- In the settings menu / Safari menu, select the ‘preferences’ option.
- Open the privacy tab.
- Select the option you want from the ‘block cookies’ section.
- All other browsers
- For information on how to manage cookies via other browsers, please consult your documentation or online help files.
Please note that if you choose to turn off behavioural advertising it does not mean you will no longer receive advertising on the Services. However, it does mean that the display advertising that you use may not be tailored to your likely interests of preferences on the web browser you are currently using. Using this tool only applies to online behavioral advertising and will not affect other services.
If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Information to us, please contact us, and we will endeavour to delete that information and terminate the child’s account from our databases. We do not intentionally gather Personal Information about visitors who are under the age of 13.
When you download and use our Services, we automatically collect information on the type of device you use, operating system version, and the device identifier (or “UDID”).
We do not ask you for, access or track any location based information from your mobile device at any time while downloading or using our Mobile Apps or services.
We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our Mobile Software on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personally identifiable information you submit within the mobile app.
PerfectPics is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Information. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized or unlawful access, use, or disclosure and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, such Personal Information.
PerfectPics has implemented industry-standard electronic means of protecting your Personal Information. We store Personal Information behind a computer firewall, a barrier designed to prevent outsiders from accessing our servers, and we have implemented technology to detect intrusions. We also require you to enter a password to access your account information. In addition, PerfectPics protects your Personal Information from unauthorized physical access by storing your Personal Information in a controlled facility.
Even though PerfectPics has taken significant steps to ensure that your Personal Information is not intercepted, accessed, used, or disclosed by unauthorized persons, you should know that PerfectPics cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at email@example.com
Attention: Legal Department
P.0.Box 78091, Nairobi, Kenya. 00507